Reelay is a community built around expressing our shared love of movies and TV, which is why we aim to keep our platform a fun and positive place. Posts should always remain respectful of all Reelayers, regardless of how much you may disagree with their opinions. Below is a list of our community guidelines that all Reelayers’ posts must abide by. If a post violates one of our policies, we may remove it. If a user repeatedly violates our community guidelines, we may suspend or permanently ban that user from participating on Reelay. If a post crosses the line of respectability without violating policy, we may give you a gentle reminder on your post to relax, respect the spirit of the platform, and have fun (don’t worry, you’ll know it when you see it ;))
Minors policy and child sexual abuse material
We do not allow minors to have accounts on our platform. Reelay also has zero tolerance for content which depicts, encourages, or facilitates harm to minors, whether through violence, abuse, exploitation, nudity, or other inappropriate content. This includes animated, digitally created, or digitally altered content. Any violative content we find will be immediately removed and reported to National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) and relevant authorities, as appropriate.
Adult and sexual content
We do not allow nudity, sexual acts, or simulations of sexual acts on Reelay, whether recorded live or displayed in other media. We also do not allow descriptions of sexual acts regardless of intent, even if ostensibly in service of a movie review. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Content that explicitly or implicitly depicts sexual activities including penetrative and non-penetrative sex, oral sex, or erotic kissing
- Content that depicts or implies sexual arousal or sexual stimulation
- Content that depicts a sexual fetish
- Content that depicts exposed human genitalia, female nipples or areola, pubic regions, or buttocks
- Content that contains sexually explicit language
Violence and self harm
Reelay is a place for positive expression. As such, we do not allow content that contains violence. In particular, we do not allow:
- Any actual or simulated violence against humans or animals. This includes self harm and suicide. Some non-graphic simulations of violence against humans that are in service of movie reviews may be acceptable.
- Any graphic displays showing gore, open wounds or dead bodies.
- Explicit or implicit threats of real world harm, including self harm, against humans or animals.
- Any graphic descriptions of violence.
- Any glorification or encouragement of real-world violence against people or animals, including instructions on how to commit violent acts against oneself or others.
- Some descriptions of violence that are in service of movie reviews may be OK as long as they are appropriate to the movie and not overly graphic.
- Displays of weapons are only allowed if appropriate to the movie being reviewed and are not overly violent or threatening in nature.
Reelay is not a place for hateful content nor the people or groups who espouse hate. In particular, we do not allow:
- Any content glorifying or celebrating hate groups, actions taken by hate groups, or acts of hatred.
- Any displays associated with hate or extremist groups including but not limited to symbols, slogans, gestures and uniforms.
- Any slurs, stereotypes, caricatures, or otherwise negative content directed at a protected group.
- Any trivialization of real world violence, or violence taken against a protected group, or calling for violence against a protected group or members of a protected group.
- Hate based conspiracy theories or misinformation such as Holocaust or genocide denial
- Protected and vulnerable groups include: People grouped together based on their actual or perceived race, color, caste, ethnicity, immigration status, national origin, religion or faith, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition. It also includes people who are grouped together based on lower socio-economic status, age, weight or size, pregnancy or veteran status.
Harassment and personally identifiable information
Content on Reelay may not target an individual. This includes but is not limited to:
- Insulting or mocking individuals based on beliefs, physical characteristics, status in a protected group
- Debasing, degrading, objectifying, or sexualizing individuals
- Wishing for injury or death of individuals
- Content that encourages harassment of other individuals
- Sharing any personally identifiable information of individuals or doxxing of individuals.
- Critiquing the work of people directly involved with the movie being reviewed is allowed.
Solicitation, services, and advertisements
No content on Reelay may solicit for services or advertise services available unless directly related to the film and television industry. No content may solicit for goods for purchase nor advertise goods for purchase. No content may promise reward or incentive for following accounts or views.
Eligible movies and television for review
No movies reviewed may be propaganda for or promote ideologies consistent with terrorist, hate, or extremist content, organizations, or conspiracy theories. Certain films put in historical context may be allowed. Additionally, movies must be eligible to post on themoviedb.org.
NO SPOILERS!!! Seriously.
Posts on Reelay must be clearly related to a tv show or film. Any content may be deemed irrelevant at the sole discretion of Reelay.
We remove all Spam from Reelay. All content on Reelay must be created explicitly for Reelay. We define Spam as duplicative content, automatically generated content, and content that is primarily geared towards off-platform activity.